How Can I Change My Name on a Southwest Airlines Ticket?
There are situations when people misspell their name while booking flight tickets and want to change their name later on. The name change process does not cost much of your time and effort. However, there are some policies that you are required to follow while changing your name on the flight tickets. Mentioned below are some of those name change policies of Southwest Airlines.
Southwest Airline Name Change Policy.
- You might not be allowed to change your complete name. Instead, you can change three letters of your name. You may be permitted to change your name only once. Also, please be sure that the change is only in the spelling and not the complete change of the name.
- For the name correction process, the stock of the original ticket must be maintained with the passenger. People can only change the name for unused or partially used tickets.
- In case if you are willing to change the complete name, you'll have to issue a new PNR number along with the charges, if any.
- People must make the necessary change in the name within 24 hours of the booking. You may not be allowed to make the necessary change after 24 hours of the ticket booking.
- The required supportive documents must be submitted while changing the name on the ticket. In case of marriage or divorce, you must submit legal documents.
How to Change My Name on Southwest Airlines?
People must follow the policies mentioned above to change passenger name on Southwest Airlines tickets online. You can find it relatively easy to change your name on the flight online. Also, you can follow the below written steps to change your name.
- On the internet browser, visit the official website of Southwest airline through your phone or laptop.
- Go to the manage booking section and enter the required details like the PNR number and the passenger's last name.
- You'll be directed to a new page with all your flight details. Check the details, including departure and destination city, along with the time and date. Click on change name from the menu section present on the left corner of the screen.
- Again, you'll be directed to fill in the details related to name changing process. Upload the required documents and check the charges, if any.
- Follow the on-screen process and submit the request.
- A verification code will be sent to your registered number; enter the code and verify the changes.
- Click on next, and you'll get notified of the new changes through the mail.
In case if you face any other trouble to change the name on Southwest ticket online, if you can contact the customer service team for the required help and support. They can guide you and can even make the necessary change in your ticket through your consent within significantly less time. You can connect to them via phone numbers, live chats, and email.
- How Do I Speak to a Person at Amtrak?
- What is Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy?
- What is Spirit's Cancellation Policy?
- What is Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee?
- How Much does it Cost to Change a Flight with Air Canada?
- How Much is The Cancelation Fee with Emirates?
- How Do I Check in for My Flight KLM?
- What are The Cheapest Days to Fly on United Airlines?
- What is The Cheapest Month to Fly to New York
- Can You Check-in with Spirit Online?