Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy
Plans can be changed as per the changing circumstances. So if you have booked your flight with Southwest Airlines but now need to cancel the flight. Before canceling the flight, you are advised to go through the Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy, as it will be helpful. Here are the crucial points of the policy given as follows:
- A customer can cancel the flight within 24 hours of the original booking to get a full refund with no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel the flight a few hours before departure, you will have to pay a cancellation fee.
- If the flight is canceled for some reason that is out of the airline's scope as lousy weather, there will be no refund.
- The change fee depends upon the time you are canceling the flight and the distance you are going to travel.
Southwest 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy of Southwest has one section named Southwest's 24-Hour Cancellation Policy. According to this section of the policy:
- If you cancel the flight ticket within the risk-free period of 24 hours from the original purchase, you will be fully refunded. Provided that the flight was booked one week prior to the flight's departure date.
- If you cancel the flight beyond 24 hours of the risk-free period, you will be charged a cancellation fee that is deducted, and the rest amount will be refunded to you.
How To Cancel a Flight on Southwest Airlines?
- You can easily cancel the flight online by grabbing a better internet connection.
- You need to go to the official site of Southwest Airlines first
- Then you tap on the manage booking option
- Here fill in the required details and hit the search button
- Choose the flight you wish to cancel
- Now you need to hit the cancel button
- You will get a confirmation from the airline
To get more help, you are advised to visit the official site of the airline, where you can contact the customer service team.
Southwest Airlines Refund Policy
In this present time when the whole world is suffering from the loss of pandemic, passengers who have made their booking but are now sick with covid can cancel their flight with southwest airlines. The airlines provide flexibility in the cancelation due to covid 19. You can refer to the information given on Southwest Airlines' refund policy due to covid situation. This article will discuss flight cancelation and refund policies and procedures due to covid 19.
- Southwest airlines understand the situation of the passengers who cancel their flight due to covid 19 sickness. The passengers can claim the full refund by showing relevant documents.
- Passengers who cancel their flight within 24 hours of booking can get a complete refund of the flight.
- Passengers must pay the nominal cancellation charges on the bookings that are being canceled after 24 hours of the actual purchase.
- Southwest Airlines is responsible for refunding travel funds if the passenger cancels the non-refundable flight. Travel funds are valid for one year and redeemable on the next booking.
- Passengers can claim a complete refund if they face any emergency like the death of an immediate person. The immediate person could be your family member, spouse, children, etc
- You can make a refund request online through southwest airline's official website, or you can contact the customer care executive of southwest via call, chat, email, social media, etc.
- The refund is initiated within 7 to 10 days of the original payment mode.
Southwest Airlines Refund Procedure
- Visit the official website of southwest airlines through a preferred web browser.
- Now go to the 'change/cancel' tab and enter details like the passenger's name and reservation number.
- Select the cancel option and click on the search button.
- Your flight details will appear in the following window.
- Navigate to the cancel button and select it; now confirm that you wish to cancel your flight and proceed with the on-screen instructions.
- You will get the cancelation confirmation mail at the associated mailing address.
- Now come back to the same page and locate the refund option.
- Passengers can apply for a refund immediately after canceling their flight.
- Enter the required details and click on submit button.
- The concerned team will review your cancelation request and initiate the refund in 7 to 10 days.
The refund value depends on the condition of your ticket with southwest airlines, and the authorized person has to approve the passenger's refund request.
At the same time, Passengers can contact airlines via call, chat, or email and request them to get a refund from southwest airlines due to covid situation. The customer support team of southwest airlines is 24/7 available on all contact modes.
- How Do I Talk To New York Stewart International Airport (SWF)?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Newark Airport (EWR)?
- Air Europa Office in Madrid, Spain
- How Can I Contact Westchester County Airport (HPN)?
- How Do I Speak to a Person at JFK Airport?
- Air Canada Airlines Office in Ottawa, Canada
- How Do I Call British Airways from The US?
- How Do I Contact Turkish Airlines from The US?
- How Can I Get Assistance with United Airlines?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Japan Airlines (JAL)?