How Long Does AirAsia Take To Refund?
AirAsia guarantees a refund of the canceled flight within 7 to 14 working days. All the refunds eligible by AirAsia will be reflected in the passenger's account within 7 to 14 working days. It is initiated within 48 hours after receiving the refund confirmation email as per the AirAsia refund policy and conditions. You get further details on the AirAsia refund policy; you can keep reading this write-up and learn about the refund procedure.
AirAsia Refund Policy
- Canceling a flight booking with AirAsia Airlines within 24 hours of making a reservation could make you eligible to get a full refund as per the 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy of AirAsia.
- If a passenger fails to cancel their flight booking within 24 hour Grace period provided by Air Asia airline, they have to pay the penalty charged on their flight ticket.
- All the refunds are initiated by AirAsia within 48 hours when you receive the refund confirmation email, and then it gets reflected in your bank account within 7 to 14 working days.
- The refund amount of your canceled AirAsia flight depends on the time of cancellation, time left in your departure, ticket type, ticket condition, route, and cabin.
- When you cancel a non-refundable ticket with AirAsia Airlines, you are only eligible for the travel credits provided of the same amount. Travel credits are redeemable on the next booking of a flight with AirAsia and a valid throughout the year.
- AirAsia passengers can request a refund by filling out the refund request form available on the official website or contacting AirAsia customer service at 80 4666 2222.
- Suppose you cancel a flight booking due to involuntary reasons such as the death of a family member. In that case, you can contact AirAsia officials and demand a full refund by showing supportive documents such as a death certificate.
- To get a total refund of your canceled AirAsia ticket, you need to cancel the ticket within 24 hours of making an AirAsia reservation and seven days left in your departure.
The Procedure For AirAsia Airlines Refund
To receive the refund, visit support.airasia.com and open the "Chat with AVA" contact channel. Once the chat is open, write “Refund”, select the option “My flight is canceled by AirAsia,” and follow the instructions on the chat. Alternatively, you can contact us through any of the listed channels at support.airasia.com.
The live chat option is the easiest way to get a refund for your canceled AirAsia flight booking. AirAsia has a 24/7 live running chat support assistant named 'AVA,' so here is how you can get here:
- Open the official AirAsia website on your desktop.
- Click on the support tab from the top panel, and you will instantly see a pop-up of the live chat icon.
- Click on chat with Tia and get started with the chat process of refund.
- You will get several topics you need to choose 'I want to claim a refund.'
- Follow the prompt steps on the screen and provide your cancellation details.
- You will receive a refund confirmation mail, and your refund will be processed within 48 hours and then reflected in the next 7 to 14 days.
Apart from this, passengers who cancel their flight through the website can immediately apply for a refund or contact the AirAsia customer service team to get a refund from AirAsia airline. The Customer support team of Air Asia is available on multiple contact methods.
- How Do I Call British Airways from The US?
- How Do I Contact Turkish Airlines from The US?
- How Can I Get Assistance with United Airlines?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Japan Airlines (JAL)?
- How Do I Speak to a Online Live Person at Virgin Atlantic?
- How Can I Speak to a Live Operator?
- How Do You Get Through Swissair?
- How Do I Talk Like a Travel Agent?
- How To Get My Call Back from Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Air New Zealand?