KLM Check-in Policy
KLM Airlines provides several KLM check-in options to board your flight,
- Online check-in
- Mobile app check-in
- Airport kiosk check-in
- Airport desk check-in
- SkyPriority check-in
1. KLM Check-in Times and Deadlines
The arrival time at the airport has to be at least 2 hours before or, in some cases, 4 hours before the scheduled departure time to begin the check-in process. Many airports of KLM are usually open 24 hours a day, and the one at Amsterdam Schiphol opens at 04:30 a.m. sharp. The check-in times and deadlines vary from 2-4 hours and 60 minutes to 120 minutes, respectively, depending on the country.
(a) When can I check in with the mobile app?
As per the KLM Check-in Policy, passengers holding the KLM booking can easily initiate the check-in process in the official mobile app of the KLM airlines. But the mobile app check-in is needed to be initiated at least thirty hours to one hours before the departure time. If you have a flight to take from the US, the check-in 24 should be at least 24-hours before the scheduled departure.
Process of Check-in with the Mobile App
- Open the KLM airlines app on your mobile phone.
- Login to your account, which you would've created while booking your tickets with the airlines.
- Locate the check-in option and click on it.
- Once open, enter your flight number or the reservation number and the booking code.
- All your information will be displayed on the screen in front of you.
- Ensure your check-in timing and deadlines as it varies depending on your destination and departure airport.
(b) When Can I Check-in Online?
According to the KLM Check-in Times, you can check-in between 24 hours to 2 hours before the scheduled departure. You can also choose the preferred seat and print the boarding pass. You must also report at the boarding gate 45 minutes before departure. However, the deadlines for flights vary depending upon your departure airport.
(c) When Can I Check-in at The Self-Service Kiosk?
Kiosks are touch devices allowing passengers to do the check in, and they can directly head towards the boarding area. The KLM kiosk Check-in process starts 12 hours before the flight's scheduled departure time. However, it usually starts 60 minutes before the domestic flight and 75 minutes before the international flights. The passenger can print their boarding pass at Kiosk and directly head towards the boarding area. The Kiosk Check-in can be done through a PNR code, e-ticket, boarding pass, or passport.
(d) When Can I Check-in at The Airport Desk?
It would help if you were required to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure time to begin the process of check-in. The KLM airport check-in desks are usually open on a 24 hours basis a day, and in some countries, it opens at 4:30 a.m. The KLM Airport Desk Check-in allows you to get a boarding pass and have a preferred seat if your flight is scheduled to depart in two to three hours.
(e) When Can I Check in with SkyPriority?
There is a dedicated check-in desk given at the airport for the members of SkyPriority. The preference will always be given to the SkyPriority member immediately followed by Elite Passengers through the Sky priority Lane. And you are allowed to check in 60 minutes before the flight's scheduled departure.
2. KLM Online Check-in Process
There are a few simple steps that you need to follow to complete the process of check-in online.
- Visit the KLM airlines official website.
- Use the required credentials to find the desired trip on the home page.
- There will be a portal for your flight on which you have to share the information of your booking code, flight number, loyalty program ID, and other required details.
- Review the details you have mentioned on the check-in tab and proceed further.
- KLM seat selection can be made while you check in online. You can change or add a new seat, add baggage and book a meal.
- Pay if there are any additional charges and proceed to download the KLM online Boarding pass from the registered email ID.
(a) How to Check in with KLM's Mobile App
The check-in process online with KLM's mobile app is similar to online check-in on the desktop. All you need to do is initiate the check-in process by going on the app and locating the check-in option, and the rest of the process needs to be followed the same as it has to be with the desktop login. You can initiate the online check-in 24 hours before departure if flying from the US.
(b) Airport Kiosk Check-in
Begin your check-in using the app and select the number of bags to check and pay if needed. Proceed towards downloading the boarding pass and print it off with the touchless Kiosk at the airport. Scan your mobile on the Kiosk to print the boarding pass and bag tag.
(c) Airport Desk Check-in
You can complete the login process at the airport desk. If you arrive early for the departure, you must check the flight schedule time and all your required documents at the airport a day before the flight's scheduled departure.
(d) SkyPriority Check-in
The KLM SkyPriority Check-in gives you a lot of benefits like priority check-in at the hotel or check-in without waiting in a long queue. And the passengers will be given references during check-in and flight boarding time.
- How Do I Speak to a Person at Amtrak?
- What is Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy?
- What is Spirit's Cancellation Policy?
- What is Frontier Airlines Cancellation Fee?
- How Much does it Cost to Change a Flight with Air Canada?
- How Much is The Cancelation Fee with Emirates?
- How Do I Check in for My Flight KLM?
- What are The Cheapest Days to Fly on United Airlines?
- What is The Cheapest Month to Fly to New York
- Can You Check-in with Spirit Online?