Air France Cancellation Policy
For Non-Refundable Tickets:
If you have booked a Non-refundable ticket on Air France and need to cancel it under inevitable circumstances according to the Air France cancellation policy:
- You have to cancel the ticket before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- Only the unused part of a ticket with connecting flights can be canceled.
- The refund will be returned in the form of credit vouchers, which can be used for future bookings on Air France.
- The credit voucher amount will be refunded after the deduction of cancellation charges.
- The credit voucher will remain valid for one year from the date of cancellation.
- If the charges of a new booking made with the credit voucher are more than the amount on the credit voucher, the customer will have to pay the difference in fare of the new ticket.
- If the ticket charges of the new booking are less than the amount on the credit voucher, no refund will be made on the same.
- You will get a refund on non-refundable tickets only under exceptional cases like the death, injury, or illness of your immediate relative.
For Refundable Tickets:
If you have booked a refundable ticket, the condition of Air France 24 hour Cancellation policy will apply to the canceled tickets.
- The refundable tickets are said to have the flexibility for cancellations.
- The refundable tickets can be canceled up to 4 hours before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- The refundable tickets for domestic flights within France can be canceled up to two hours before the scheduled flight.
Air France's 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
The passengers who are willing to Cancel the Air France Ticket within 24 hours of booking will not be required to pay any cancellation charges. The following conditions will apply to passengers canceling the tickets within 24 hours of reservation:
- The scheduled flight departure date must be away for a minimum of 7 days or more to get a full refund on the canceled ticket.
- This 24 hours risk-free condition of canceling tickets for free will not apply to frequent flyer members.
If the cancellation is made on a group booking of 10 or more tickets, the 24-hour cancellation policy will apply to the said group cancellations. However, it will be subject to group contracts under the Air France cancellation policy.
How to Cancel Air France Tickets?
After knowing the Air France cancellation policy, the question arises regarding the method that can be used to cancel the tickets, which are as follows:
Cancel Flight Ticket Online: The easiest way to cancel a ticket is via an online process that anyone can use through a mobile device or a computer with internet service. It takes much less time than the other cancellation modes and immediately gives a confirmation on the said cancellation. Try the following steps to cancel the booked tickets online:
- Go to the official website of Air France.
- Click on ‘Manage Booking.
- Enter your last name, reference number
- All the list of your travel itinerary will appear on your screen
- Select the cancellation of tickets for the particular trip from the drop-down list
- Pay the cancellation charges, if needed
- Get instant confirmation on the tickets canceled
Cancel Ticket Over The Phone: you can cancel your tickets over the phone by calling Air France customer service. You can call and either choose the cancellation key from the IVR or talk to a person from Air France directly for assistance on the cancellation of tickets. Try the steps below to get guidance on call:
- Dial 1 800-237-2747 Air France phone number
- Press 1- to confirm the language.
- Press 2- to know about booking, cancellation, and refund.
- Press 3- to know about baggage.
- press#- to speak to a person in Air France customer service
Cancel Ticket At the Airport: sometimes, if, after reaching the airport, you realize that you cannot take your scheduled flight owing to some unavoidable reasons, you can walk up to the Air France counter and request to cancel the ticket. You may have to pay the cancellation charges and make new bookings to your destination.
Air France Cancellation Fee: when you cancel a booked ticket on Air France, as per the cancellation policy Air France Cancellation Fee applies in the following way:
If the cancellation is done after 24 hours of booking:
- Online cancellation- $200
- Phone cancellation-$250
- Airport cancellation-$200
If the cancellation is done within 24 hours of booking:
- Online- free
- Airport- not permitted
All the cancellations of tickets will be subject to the terms and conditions of Air France's cancellation policy.
Air France Refund Policy
If you have canceled a ticket on Air France and are eligible for a refund, you will get the amount of refund after furnishing the necessary document required according to Air France Refund Policy. The general guidelines for claiming a refund are as follows:
- If you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of booking, you will receive a full refund of the ticket money.
- If you have booked a ticket for basic economy, you will not be eligible for any refund under any conditions.
- If you have canceled a ticket after 24 hours of booking, you will get a refund after the deduction of cancellation charges
- If you have booked a refundable ticket, you will get a full refund on the cancellation of the ticket.
- If you are a member of an elite class of Air France, you will receive a full refund on the canceled tickets.
- If you cancel your tickets because of the delay of the scheduled flight for 5 hours or more, and you are not booked on the next available flight, you will get a full refund on the ticket money or compensation amounting to 250 USD-600 USD.
- All cancellation refunds would be made in the form of cash or travel credits, depending on the type of tickets purchased.
Time Taken by Air France for The Refund:
If you are eligible for the refund, it may take:
- 7-10 business days to process if the payment is done by credit/debit card
- 15-20 business days to process if the payment is done by cash/cheque
- The said refund would be made in the original form of payment
Sometimes the refund is done in the form of travel credits or miles to be used for future travels with Air France.
- Delta Airlines New York (NY) Office in USA
- How Do I Talk To Calgary Airport (YYC) Customer Service?
- How Do I Talk To Seletar Airport Customer Service?
- How Do I Talk To Hartsfield-Jackson Airport Customer Service?
- How Do I Talk To Changi Airport Customer Service?
- How Do I Speak with Someone at Birmingham Airport?
- How Can I Speak To Someone at Gatwick Airport?
- United Airlines Chicago Office in Illinois
- Delta Airlines Atlanta Office in Georgia GA
- United Airlines Office in Miami, Florida