Delta Airlines Check-in Policy
When traveling on a flight, you need to follow certain formalities and procedures. After booking a flight ticket, the first step is to check in for your flight. You have landed on the same right page. This page will give detailed information about Delta Airlines Check-in Policy and different ways to check-in. Travelers can do the check-in for the flight ticket online and offline. You can choose any method according to your convenience.
Delta Airlines Check-in Time Before Flights
Passengers can check-in for their flight tickets before the flight. Read the points given below to have a more clear picture:
For international flights, if you have an international flight, then it is advised to reach the airport:
- If your flight is from the international airport, reach the airport at least 4 hours before departure. And go for check-in at least 2 hours before departure.
- If you are traveling abroad, but your flight is from the U.S. airport, reach the airport at least 3 hours early and check-in 1 hour before the flight departure.
For domestic flights, passengers traveling within the country are supposed to reach the airport 2 hours early and proceed for check-in 30 mins before departure of the flight. After check-in and proceed for other formalities.
1. Delta Airlines Check-in Time
(a) Online Check-in Time: Delta Airlines allows their passengers to self-check online. To learn about the Delta Airlines Online Check-in time for international and domestic flights, then read the points given below:
- You can check in from twenty-four hours to one hour before the flight's departure time for international flights.
- You can check in from twenty-four hours to thirty minutes for departure for domestic flights.
(b) Mobile App Check-in Time: you can do a check-in through the mobile application of Delta airlines. Have a look at the points given below to know how early you can check in from the mobile app:
- A passenger can self-check 24 hours before the flight through a mobile app for international flights.
- A passenger can do self Delta Airlines Mobile App Check-in from 24 hours to 30 minutes before flight departure for domestic flights. If you want to know how to check-in through an app, refer to its process below.
(c) Curbside Check-in Time: for curbside check-in at the airport, a passenger should know about the starting and closing timing of check-in:
- For international flights, a passenger check-in through the curbside from 4hours to 1 hour before the flight's departure.
- You can check in from 4 hours to 30 minutes before departure for domestic flights.
(d) Self-Service Kiosk Check-in Time: the passenger has the facility to check in at the airport by themselves. The Delta Airlines Check-in Time by a kiosk is from 4 hours to 60 minutes of the flight's door closing for international routes and 4 hours to 30 minutes for domestic routes.
(e) Airport Ticket Counter Check-in Time: Delta Airlines allows their passenger to check-in at the airport's ticket counter.
- International Flights: visit the Airport 4 hours before boarding time, check in at least 2 hours early, and then move further for security check and boarding.
- Domestic Flights: try to reach the airport 2 hours early and go for check-in 1 hour before the closing time of the flight's door and board the gate 15 mins early.
2. Delta Airlines Online Check-in
As you know, the Delta airlines check-in time, now you can do your check-in online by visiting the website of Delta Airlines on your mobile phone or personal computer. After that, follow the instructions given below:
- Click on the "check-in" option at the top of the page
- Find your flight ticket of which you want a check-in by entering the booking ID number and the passenger's last name
- Click on the arrow given below and
- Add baggage, change, select, or upgrade your seat.
- Click on the check-in and download the e-boarding pass.
3. How to Check in with Delta Airlines' Mobile App
After knowing the Mobile App Check-in Time, you can check in by downloading the latest version of the fly delta application on your mobile phone and then sign in to your account or continue the guest mode. Enter the booking ID number and passenger's last name on the screen and click on "check-in." Print the e-boarding pass.
4. Passengers Not Eligible for Mobile Check-in
The reasons why someone is not eligible for mobile check-in are:
- Your ticket is not confirmed
- Departure airport does not support online facility
- You are not an adult
- You are traveling with a pet
- You book a special service
5. How to Check-in at the Airport Curbside
You can check in at the airport curbside if you have a confirmed flight ticket. You have to drop off your baggage at the airport's curbside, pay for the extra baggage fee, and then identify yourself by showing your ID card, reservation number, and flight number. Lastly, give away your bags to a staff member of Delta Airlines.
6. Does Delta Offer Self-Service Kiosk Check-in?
Yes, the facility for a self-service kiosk check-in is offered by the airlines for its passenger. The timings for kiosk check-in are from 4 hours to 30 minutes before the flights' scheduled departure.
7. Using Delta's Self-Service Kiosk
- Visit the kiosk center at the airport.
- Enter the details asked you on the screen like booking ID number, passenger name, etc
- Select any additional service you want
- Lastly, click on confirm and print your boarding pass.
8. Does Delta Offer Airport Ticket Counter Check-in?
Delta airlines offer many ways through which a passenger can do a check-in. If you want a self-check-in and have passed the mobile app check-in Time, you can visit the airport early and go to the ticket counter and ask the skycap to do a check-in for you. After that, proceed for security check and boarding.
- How Do I Get The Best Deal on United Airlines?
- Copa Airlines Cancellation Fee & Refund Policy
- How Much Does it Cost To Cancel a Flight on United?
- Can I Cancel KLM Flight and Get Refund?
- How Long is a United Airlines Voucher Good For?
- What is The Most Visited Places in LA?
- How Early Do You Have to Check-in at Allegiant?
- How To Book a Cheap Flight from Colombia To Qatar?
- How Long Before You Can Check-in with Turkish Airlines?
- How Do I Claim My Delta Voucher?