Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy
Copa Airlines allows passengers to cancel their flight tickets and get a refund on cancellation if they meet the requirements mentioned in the cancellation policy of Copa Airlines. The airline is certified as a three-star airline providing customers with the best facilities during the flight journey. Let's have an overview of Copa airlines' cancellation policy.
Copa Airlines Cancellation
- If you have put your booking on hold at the time of making the reservation, it will automatically get canceled if you don't make the payment within 24 hours.
- If the flight ticket was made by the airline in that case, you are eligible to claim a refund for the cancellation o your flight ticket, and the airline also offers an alternative flight if you wish to opt for it.
- If there is a significant delay of three hours in your flight ticket in that case as well, you can opt for the cancellation, and you can get a complete refund of your flight ticket.
- Suppose the companion of the passengers, any close relative, or the passenger himself dies or becomes seriously ill. In that case, the passengers can cancel their flight tickets and claim a complete refund of their ticket amount. However, they'll be required to submit the necessary documentation as proof.
- If the tickets are issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021, they can be changed without paying any additional charges as long as it is used within one year of the issue date or by December 31, 2021.
- If the airlines deny the boarding because of overbooking, in that case, you are eligible to receive a complete refund on the cancellation of your flight ticket.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Options
You have the given two options when you opt for the cancellation of your flight with Copa Airlines.
- You can apply for the Copa Airlines Cancellation and claim the refund per your fare conditions.
- You can keep your ticket and use it later by changing your flight date before departure. These options apply to all the tickets issued between September 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021, keeping the Covid 19 protocol and situations in mind. The ticket has to be used by the end of December 2021.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours
The Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy 24 Hours works differently than the other airlines. Under 24 hours cancellation policy of the airlines, you are allowed to make a booking of your flight ticket and put it on hold without making the payment of your flight ticket for 24 hours. If you do not make the payment for the flight ticket within 24 hours, then your flight reservation will automatically get canceled by the airline. If you pay in the given period, your registration is confirmed.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy Due To COVID-19
Like every other airline, Copa Airlines took the necessary measures to prevent their passengers from the COVID-19 pandemic. As per the Copa Airlines Cancellation Policy, Due to COVID-19, you can cancel your flight ticket free of charge if it's issued in the period mentioned above (Second point of Copa Airlines Cancellation Options). You are eligible to rebook at any time before December 2021. Suppose you or any of your family members tested positive for COVID-19. You are advised to contact the airline if the reservation is made through the online platform.
Copa Airlines Refund Policy
- Per the Copa Airlines Refund Policy, the ticket that qualifies to get the refund accordion to the rules mentioned in the cancellation policy will get the refund after submitting the required documentation.
- The refund qualifications and the amount charged to you for the cancellation depend on the fare rules applicable to your ticket.
- Economy Full and Business Full fares are refundable.
- Economy Basic, Economy Classic, and Business Promo fares are non-refundable. However, other than Economy Basic, other non-refundable fares can be changed and rebooked for future travel for a fee.
- Optional services and products are non-refundable unless the terms and conditions state otherwise.
- If the reason for the cancellation is the death of the passenger or his close relative. In that case, the entire amount of the ticket gets refunded. However, documentation proof must be submitted, like a death certificate or medical certificate.
- The ticket booked or canceled by the travel agent or the ticket booked in cash must be approved by the airline before initiating the refund.
- The refund for the partially used or unused ticket is required to be initiated within the validity period.
- The refund request is made by filling out the form available on the airline's website o the airlines.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Process
The simple and easiest way to cancel your flight ticket with Copa Airlines is by calling the airline's customer service number, or if you want, you can also opt for the online process of flight cancellation.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Online
Follow the process to cancel our flight ticket online.
- Visit the airline's official website and go to the 'Manage Booking' section.
- Fill out the PNR number and last name of the passenger and proceed further by clicking on 'Retrieve Booking.
- Find your reservation by clicking on the flight and proceed with the cancellation.
- There will be an option mentioning 'select if you prompt to cancel your flight ticket.
- Once the cancellation process is complete, you'll receive the confirmation on your registered email, and the refund amount will automatically get refunded to your account.
Copa Airlines Cancellation Fee
The cancellation fee of Copa Airlines depends upon the fare rules that apply to your flight ticket. If your ticket is refundable in that case, the cancellation charges mentioned in the rules will get deducted (if applicable), and the remaining amount will be refunded to you. Copa cancellation is free for $100-$500.
If you have booked a non-refundable flight ticket, you should postpone your departure instead of canceling to avoid loss.
How To Get a Refund on a Cancelled Copa Flight
Suppose there is a delay of three hours due to any technical default or any other default that comes under the airlines' control. In that case, the airlines will book you an alternate flight. Or, if you choose to opt for the cancellation, in that case, you'll be liable to Get a Refund on a Cancelled Copa Flight. You must fill out the refund form to initiate the refund.
How To Check Your Refund Status on Copa Airlines
Once you fill out the refund request status form, you'll b able to see the status of your refund as well as you can directly call the customer care executive of the airline 018000-112600 mentioned here.
- How To Get My Call Back from Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Speak to Someone at Air New Zealand?
- How Do I Skip Delta Hold Time?
- How Do I Schedule a Call Back from American Airlines?
- How Can I Get My Callback From JetBlue?
- How Do I Call United Airlines Reservations?
- How Do I Talk to a Live Person at Pegasus Airlines?
- How Can I Speak to Someone in Aer Lingus?
- How Do I Cancel My Qatar Airways Flight?
- How Much Does It Cost to Cancel an Ethiopian Flight?